Cubs General Ticket Sales Begins Friday
Thursday, 18 February 2010 10:53
CHICAGO – The Chicago Cubs 2010 regular season general ticket on-sale begins tomorrow, February 19. Members of the Ricketts family will be on-hand to greet fans as they wait in line prior to the box office opening at 8 a.m. The Ricketts family is expected to start greeting fans at approximately 7:30 a.m.
A random wristband system will be in place for fans purchasing tickets at Wrigley Field tomorrow morning (details below). Wristbands are available at Wrigley Field until 10 p.m. tonight.
A random drawing will be held shortly after 6 a.m. tomorrow to determine the starting number for the ticket lines. The winning wristband number will be announced promptly on WGN Radio (720 AM) and www.cubs.com.
Tickets will be available at www.cubs.com tomorrow beginning at 10 a.m.
Tickets will be available for purchase in the following methods (all times listed below are Central Time):
- At the Wrigley Field Box Office: Tickets will go on sale at 8:00 a.m. Friday and a random wristband system will be used. There will be no advantage to “camping out” at the ballpark, as initial positions in lines will be established by a random drawing of all wristbands distributed prior to 6 a.m. tomorrow.
- Wristbands will be available at Wrigley Field 10 p.m. tonight. There is a limit of one wristband per person. You will be required to show two (2) forms of identification, one of which needs to be a government issued photo ID. The wristbands will only be used at Wrigley Field tomorrow.
- A random drawing will be held shortly after 6 a.m. tomorrow to determine the starting number for the ticket lines. The winning number will immediately be announced on WGN Radio (720 AM) and www.cubs.com. All other numbers will follow the selected number.
- By Telephone: Tickets can be purchased by telephone through Tickets.com beginning at 10 a.m. The Tickets.com phone number for Illinois callers is 800-The-Cubs (800-843-2827). The phone number for out-of-state callers is 866-652-2827.
- Via the Internet: Visitors to www.cubs.com can purchase tickets beginning at 10 a.m.
- A virtual waiting room will be used for all Internet orders. The virtual waiting room will begin accepting customers at 9:30 a.m. on Friday. At 10:00 a.m. customers will be randomly selected from the virtual waiting room to begin purchasing tickets. All internet customers will need a valid cubs.com account. We recommend that customers sign-up for an account prior to tomorrow.
Outlet ticket sales will begin at 10 a.m. on Monday, February 22 at Chicagoland Tickets.Com Outlets.
Ticket Limits: On February 19, 20 and 21 various ticket limits will be put in place. These limits will be imposed based on various factors including customer name, household, credit card and e-mail address. Internet customers who use computer-based scripting language may have all orders canceled.
- There will be a limit of six tickets per game.
- At the Wrigley Field Box Office, fans will be limited to ordering a maximum of 42 tickets.
- Internet and Phone customers will be limited to one game per order of up to six tickets. Internet and Phone customers will be limited to a maximum of 42 tickets for the weekend. All customers who order more than this limit may have all orders cancelled.
- All Bud Light bleacher tickets sold at Wrigley Field tomorrow will be by credit card only — Visa, Mastercard, Discover or American Express. Credit Cards used during the on-sale must be in the name of the ticket purchaser.
For more information, please contact the Cubs at 773-404-CUBS.